Wednesday, May 18, 2011

has it really been a year???

Ohmygosh, I can't believe I have all but abandoned this blog for the last year! What a slacker! I am recommitting myself to it though, and making it bigger and better! Especially since Karen and I (and Cameron's cousin Kim) are starting a little business venture - we are working on fleece and wool covers to go over cloth diapers, as well.as the fitted diapers to wear under these fabulous covers. We are also planning on making several other cute baby things, including a ton of hairbows. Look for some free tutorials in the coming months!
Where do I even begin?? Brett and I got married in September (9/18/10) and it was the best wedding ever!!! It took a ton of effort, but it was worth every painstaking minute spent on it. I will upload pictures in the next installment of this blog.
We also got pregnant with our second in September (guess Maui is good for making babies!). Our second girl, Hadley, is due June 2nd, and we cannot wait! She is threatening to come early, but I am trying to convince her to stay put. Katie will be here from Florida May 26th-29th, so if she wanted to come then, I wouldn't mind too much! Her nursery is darling, so look for those pictures soon too! Hope Brinn won't mind sharing her blog with Hadley (or if someone can teach me how to re-name this??).
On to my first love - Brinn is AMAZING! She is so smart and funny and ridiculously adorable. A recap of her milestones - she started walking at 11 months (and was running by 13 months). She finally picked up eating right around the same time but she is still super picky. She will eat most anything, but it has to be covered in tomato sauce! Weirdo! Oh well, at least I can get her to eat veggies that way. Another big thing she does is identifying body parts, her own and ours. She is absolutely OBSESSED with belly buttons. When I ask her where her baby sister is, she runs over to me, lifts my shirt and jams her finger in my belly button. Funny kid. She is also working really hard on talking - she has quite few words (mama, dada, hot, ball, dog, hi, bye) and a bunch of babbles. She likes to have lengthy conversations with us, but Daddy and I just don't understand her yet. Poor Brinn gets frustrated with us, but hopefully she will be able to express herself more in the coming weeks and months!
I have a lot of anxiety regarding baby #2, and how Brinn will feel about it. I know a sibling is a great gift to give her, but u don't want her to feel pushed aside. I know everyone goes through this, and I am comforted by the fact that Brinn is so little that she probably won't even remember a life without a sister! Anyway, I found this sweet poem that chokes me up, and reassures me as well. Enjoy!


Loving Two



I walk along holding your 2-year-old hand, basking in the glow of our magical relationship. Suddenly I feel a kick from within, as if to remind me that our time alone is limited. And I wonder: how could I ever love another child as I love you?



Then she is born, and I watch you. I watch the pain you feel at having to share me as youve never shared me before.



I hear you telling me in your own way, Please love only me. And I hear myself telling you in mine, I cant, knowing, in fact, that I never can again.



You cry. I cry with you. I almost see our new baby as an intruder on the precious relationship we once shared. A relationship we can never quite have again.



But then, barely noticing, I find myself attached to that new being, and feeling almost guilty. Im afraid to let you see me enjoying her as though I am betraying you.



But then I notice your resentment change, first to curiosity, then to protectiveness, finally to genuine affection.



More days pass, and we are settling into a new routine. The memory of days with just the two of us is fading fast.



But something else is replacing those wonderful times we shared, just we two. There are new times only now, we are three. I watch the love between you grow, the way you look at each other, touch each other.



I watch how she adores you as I have for so long. I see how excited you are by each of her new accomplishments. And I begin to realize that I havent taken something from you, Ive given something to you. I notice that I am no longer afraid to share my love openly with both of you. I find that my love for each of you is as different as you are, but equally strong. And my question is finally answered, to my amazement. Yes, I can love another child as much as I love you only differently.



And although I realize that you may have to share my time, I now know youll never share my love. There is enough of that for both of you .you each have your own supply.



I love you-both. And I thank you both for blessing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment